Saturday, February 27, 2010

Artist for a Day - Local Fun

For those of you who don't know, I live in Parma, OH which is just south of Cleveland. Since Italy, I haven't gone anywhere new, but I have found some fun things to do locally. My favorite thing to do now is go to a place called "Artist for a Day" in North Olmsted, OH. They have unpainted pottery pieces for you to paint in any color with all kinds of sponges, stamps, and other tools to aid painting your piece of pottery. I have painted mostly kitchen items such as plates and cookie jars, but they also offer figurines, cups, light switch plates, and even hair brushes. It makes for a relaxing day to go and paint something for yourself or a friend. They also have events such as birthday parties and diva nights. My favorite time to go there is on Mondays that are holidays, because they are usually closed on Mondays. On these days, there is a prize wheel to spin after painting, and last time I won free paint time for a year. They also give you a coupon for a free sub at Subway, which is in the same plaza. They glaze and fire the pottery after you leave and then you can pick it up in a week. My first pieces were okay, but since going so much, they've gotten a lot better. If you want more information, you can visit artistforaday.com.
Other places I enjoy visiting include Legacy Village and Beachwood Place. They have really nice shopping centers and really nice restaurants. Tomorrow, we are going to one of our favorite restaurants at Beachwood Place called Maggianos. They have great Italian food.
Next week, I will be going to the Akron Art Museum. I'm sure it will be interesting, and if not, I'm going there on a free admission day, so I'll write about that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment