Monday, June 29, 2009

Where I've Been So Far





I've spent most of my years traveling to at least on place outside of my home state of Ohio. Unfortunately, I've covered all but 5 states on the east coast, and not much else.
I've been to Florida so many times that I'm going cross-eyed with it, although Disney World will never bore me.
Pennsylvania, my parents' home state, is a place we travel to at least twice a year. Just seeing the people I love there makes it an enjoyable place to visit. If I were to judge the state itself, though, I'd say it's a lot of fun as long as you know where to go. Kennywood, Sandcastle, Mt. Washington, and Station Square are a lot of fun and I still have a lot more to see in Pennsylvania.
Canada has the beautiful Niagara Falls of course and other cool tourist-y things to do that are fun for kids and adults. It makes for a nice place to take a short trip.
Just recently my family and I have been taking a yearly bus trip to Manhattan. This is a lot of fun because we get to see new sites every year and return to ones we enjoyed last year. I don't think I have to tell anyone about sites in Manhattan or try to convince anyone to go there.


Myrtle Beach, no matter how much some may like it, isn't one of the best places I have been to. It has nice beaches and lots of restaurants, outlet malls, and mini golf courses, but I think you can experience that near any beach. It was way to crowded and I'd actually like to go back to South Carolina to experience another part of it that is more calm.
Ocean City, Maryland had a much calmer scene and nice beaches. You definitely have to go in the summer because it is more northern, but it isn't so crowded but give the satisfaction that any beach would.
Maine is one of my favorite states. It has great sea food for cheap and the best blue-berry flavored desserts ever. Even though it can be cold, its charm and beautiful scenery make up for it.
The Bahamas was absolutely gorgeous. The food is tropical, the water is clear, and the sand is white. It is probably the same as any beach in the Carri bean, so I just recommend making it to the Caribbean.
Texas is the only place I have strayed from the east. It is my favorite state and I want to move there. It has nice weather and a western/Mexican feel but at the same time it has big cities. This makes for a great mix.
Every other state I have visited did not have such an impact on me as these did.

Next I will be going to Spain. I am a little nervous and will be blogging about it on here. It will be a new experience and my first time outside North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment