Wednesday, December 30, 2009

more shopping

Today, we did more shopping in town. It was while we walked there, then it stopped while we shopped, so of course when we were walking home it was raining. On the way there, we stopped at the post office to send some post cards. In this one part of town, the street is really busy, so instead of having a cross walk, they have an underground tunnel to walk through to the other side. It’s kind of a smart idea because that way, they don’t have to put a stop light there just so people can cross. Tiffany and I bought some shirts, I bought a present for Kevin, and we all bought presents for different relatives. We stopped at the same bakery we did before, and the lady called us the “senoritas” because she thinks we all speak Spanish. We also got marzipan, this really good bread that Toledo, Spain is famous for. I was really excited because I don’t know any place in the US that has it. It tastes almondy and is sweet. For lunch, Jessica showed us a café that had burgers. I really like the burgers here, but I’m not sure if I like them more than ballpark burgers. They don’t taste as sweet as the burgers from the US and have vegetables in the meat too. They had roasted chicken at the café too so I think I’m going to try that another day. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home. We got pomegranates, kiwis, pizza, milk, and water. We were really excited they had nutella and the koala bear cookies I used to eat when I was little, so we bought those too. We bought a six pack of water bottles that are 1.5 liters big, so Tiffany had to carry that all the way home because she’s the strongest. It was really funny watching her carry it, but there was nothing I could do to help.
We ate dinner, and then Jess, Tiff and I went back into town to recycle bottles and talk to the information center about going to a concentration camp. Little did we know that the shops in town close down at 7. It was kind of disappointing that we walked all the way to town for nothing. On the way home, we bought a small pizza for Tiff then settled in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment