Monday, January 23, 2012

these are a few of my favorite things

Overall, I had a pretty good Monday, besides starting it at 6:40am to get ready to go to school.
We went to school and assisted the teacher as she prepared the students for a standardized test called PIENSE, which is an acronym that also means "think!" in Spanish. Since we're teaching 6th grade, our students have to take this test to test their abilities in math, English, Spanish, and comprehension to get into high school. Jenn and I assist individually while our teacher directs the class.
Later, we went to Walgreens to get some things we needed and most importantly, Nutella. It's the best thing and the most economical way to get chocolate, since a bag of mini snickers costs around $4 here. On the way back, we saw a lot of students in a froyo shop so we stopped in there. The frozen yogurts they make are all natural with tropical fruits. We got a small cup of tamarindo flavor and a small Nutella milk shake to share. We have to go back soon to try all the flavors.
After getting some work done, it was time for TACOS! I had been dreaming about the tacos I saw at the taqueria because they sounded authentic, so we went there for dinner with our friend Caleb. They were great! They had cilantro, onion, lime and salsa picante, exactly how I like them. I liked them so much I ordered my first order of 2 and then went back for 2 more.
The girls from Massachusetts told us about a free trial class of yoga in the neighborhood, so we went there afterwards. It ended up being 2 hours long, but I feel relaxed. It was fun to do because the teacher only spoke Spanish and I got to hear how a yoga class is held in another language. If we want to go back, it's $13 a session or $40 a month, so I think we will see if the rec center has any classes first and then think about it, since we'll only be getting busier in the classroom as time goes on.
Well, we had Nutella, froyo, tacos, and yoga in Puerto Rico. A few of my favorite things all in a place that I'm falling in love with.
Nos vemos :).

No comments:

Post a Comment